Are you wondering what MAP Broward is? If not - you will be soon as construction signs and roadway sings are popping up all over the county, signifying mobility projects that show where your transportation surtax is being invested.
The Broward County 30-Year Transportation Surtax Plan has the following goals:
1. Enhancing transit services by incorporating full funding for existing municipal community shuttles and new expanded services, full funding for high-demand, specialized transportation services for persons with disabling conditions and creating a more reliable, responsive, and accessible transit system.
2. Improving connectivity by integrating multiple technologies to create a "smart" grid that enhances network infrastructure resulting in two-way communication between vehicles and traffic signals, residents and government, county agencies, municipalities, and the public, that demonstrates the ability to reduce congestion.
3. Improving traffic system management by helping to relieve traffic congestion by incorporating intersection improvements that include additional turn and thru lanes, and light synchronization: expanding the fiber optic network to increase traffic flow and reduce bottlenecks; building multimodal infrastructure, and roadway widening.
4. Enhancing multimodal options by expanding the availability and safety of multimodal transportation where residents and visitors have various options to get around, in addition to driving, and other modes such as walking, biking, using public transit, skating and scooters.
5. Increasing economic development and benefits through direct, indirect and inducement of jobs in many sectors including high-wage industries with approximately 30,000 new jobs anticipated over 30 years. Apprenticeships and other programs directed at areas with high unemployment and under employment rates aim to use surtax-funded projects as a path to employability to benefit everyone who lives in Broward County with an eye on equity.
¿Empieza a preguntarse qué es MAP Broward? Si no, lo estará haciendo pronto, a medida que letreros de construcción y carteles aparecen en calles y carreteras por todo el condado, indicando proyectos de movilidad mostrando dónde se está invirtiendo su impuesto de transporte.
MAP Broward brand video narrated and translated in Portuguese.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here. MAP Broward brand video narrated and translated in Haitian Creole.